Five Minutes With: Morning Parade
We caught up with Steve Sparrow (lead vocalist, piano player and guitarist extraordinaire) of Morning Parade for another 'Five Minutes with Ben Sherman'.
Steve will be playing the Ben Sherman's showcase this Wednesday for CMJ Music Marathon 2013, in association with Music is Great and the British Consulate NY. We took five minutes with Mr Sparrow to get answers on the below burning questions.
1. What does it mean, as a British act, to play a show at CMJ this year?
Its great, New York has always been good to us and we enjoy your times as legal aliens. Its a great chance for us to road test our new material and catch up on some new music.
2. Who will you be excited to see on the schedule?
The head and heart, Duologue, Yuck. I tend to wander aimlessly and make my own discoveries.
3. What can't you live without when you're on the road?
Laughter, laughter and socks. It doesn't matter what is going on, as long as you're laughing and you have clean socks everything is fine.
4. What song/album do you have on repeat on your iTunes/Spotify at the moment?
Arctic Monkeys - AM.
5. Do you own a Ben Sherman shirt?
6. What do you think embodies British style or fashion?
British attitude, its in the cuts and shapes.
7. Trends come and go, styles change and evolve, but what is your biggest fashion regret?
Some seriously dodgy haircuts in my teens and a sonic the hedgehog bomber jacket. Actually maybe that's pretty cool for an 8 year old.
8. Finally, if you could sit down for a pint with anyone - who would it be?
David Bowie. I went to his exhibition in Toronto and I am pretty obsessed with him at the moment.