BMB Clothing Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. Our contact details can be found on the Company Information page.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Please select one of the below options:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter any competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate and, in particular, to allow you to shop from our site. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details.
Our email campaigns are provided through Mailchimp, a service operated by Rocket Science Group LLC based in the United States. Email addresses and other profile information provided by you may be disclosed to Rocket Science Group LLC for the sole purpose of operating email campaigns on our behalf. Rocket Science Group LLC complies with the EU Safe Harbor framework as specified by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union. Details of their registration can be found here: http://safeharbor.export.gov/companyinfo.aspx?id=10039.
The electronically transmitted purchase receipt in email format which may be offered to you as an optional service in a number of our retail stores is provided by a service operated by yReceipts Ltd based in the United Kingdom. Email addresses provided by you may be disclosed to yReceipts Ltd for the sole purpose of providing you with an electronically transmitted purchase receipt on our behalf. yReceipts complies with the EU Safe Harbor framework as specified by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. However, we will not send any such information by electronic means to you if you purchased products as a guest user, unless you have consented to this.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We use aggregate information about our users (e.g. 500 men under the age of 30 have ordered a specific product on a given day) for our own business and marketing purposes. We do not pass any such information onto any third party advertisers.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If BMB Clothing Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the address or email address on the Company Information page.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can find our contact details in ‘Contact Us’ on the homepage or send directly an e-mail to WebHelp@BenSherman.co.uk